My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome to blogging

So, am I really doing this? Am I starting a blog? I guess I am. So here goes...my first post.

I've toyed with starting a blog for some time now. And then I think, seriously? Its not like I don't have enough items on my ever growing To Do list. With 2 teenagers, a 6 year old with autism, a job, part owner of a business, responsibility for my aging parents (can we say Sandwich Generation?) and lets not forget the husband with his own job, what I need is one more item to add to that my list.


But that's not really how I look at it. Writing can be a release, almost therapeutic (and a lot cheaper than a therapist).. It helps me work through issues. It helps me clear my thoughts and gain perspective. Blogging isn't meant to be another responsibility, but an outlet. Like running. Something that I can do for me, to help me, and hopefully my family. Because as anyone can tell you, when you're dealing with teenagers, a stepchild, and autism, there are plenty of issues to chew on! So I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

In all honesty I've been stalking several bloggers. Reading them regularly and enjoying them immensely. Bloggers talking about autism, teenagers, raising kids, and family life in general. And I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge. I don't know if anyone else will ever read this or if it's just for me. But I'm giving it a try. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment