My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Monday, August 27, 2012

Want to Play?

3 little words. Or in our case 2 as it sounds more like "wawna pway". As I sat trying to pay bills today, I was interrupted by those 2 words repeatedly. My quick response is "not now baby" or "I need to get some work done, I'll play in a little bit". But Bambam is persistent. Honestly, sometimes it can be irritating. I really needed to get the bills paid, I'm sure some of them are late. And, I really didn't feel like playing "Lets Go Fishing" for the 8th time.

And then I stop myself. How long did I wait to hear those words? Almost 6 years. A year ago he couldn't say them, didn't know TO say them, had no idea how to approach another person and initiation interactive play. For months we worked on not only the words, but the desired result. And last November when he came to me the first time and said unprompted "wawna pway?", well I almost cried.

So the next time he approached me and said "wawna pway?", I looked at his hopeful, cherubic face and said "Of course baby, I want to play with you". And we went fishing...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment