My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Poop

I recently read that if you are a true autism blog, then you will have at least one post about poop. I don't really consider this an autism blog, its actually about our whole special, blended family. But a large majority of my posts involve our journey with autism. And I have talked about poop. But I've not had a whole post dedicated to it. Until now. 

Last night we hit a Major Milestone. Bambam pooped on the potty! And I mean a real poop. Sufficient amount, with pushing and control and everything. THIS.IS.HUGE. 7 1/2 years in the making huge. OK, well maybe not really 7 1/2 years as no one expects an infant to poop in the potty. But at least 3 solid years of s.l.o.w.l.y working on this from every possible angle. 

To say we were excited is the understatement of the year. Bambam showed every member of our household. Yup, every member of our household came into the bathroom to look at the evidence and congratulated Bambam. I know that sounds weird. But EVERYONE has been working with Bambam on this goal for 3 long years. And everyone was beyond excited. And Bambam reveled in the attention and congratulations. We even took him to the fireworks stand where he got to pick out anything he wanted. Which is a small miracle in itself as until last year he ran screaming from even the thought of a firework. But that is another post.

I realize this is not a done deal. We most likely have weeks, probably months, of accidents and trial and error. But my son pooped on the potty and I am beyond thrilled. Way to go son!

No comments:

Post a Comment