My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

If Only

It seems I've been living in a world of "if only's". Since Bambam was very young and we realized there was something "different" about him, "if only" has been a constant phrase in our house.


"If only Bambam could walk, things would be so much easier."

"If only Bambam could talk."

"If only Bambam could pee in the potty."

"If only Bambam could poo in the potty."

"If only Bambam could swim." 

"If only..."

"If only..."

"If only..."

And it seems, he has accomplished each and every one of the "if only's". In his own time, in his own way. But accomplished them just the same. And I've learned a lesson. Its not an "If " its a "when". I've learned NOT to assume my child cannot gain a new skill. I no long say "If Bambam can accomplish...." I now say "When Bambam accomplishes..." Because he will. Never count that kid out. His determination and grace (Not physical grace, he's the clumsiest kid we have. But inner grace and beauty) are amazing to watch. I have no idea where his path in life will lead him, but it is an amazing journey to watch. And I'm so thankful I have a front row seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment