My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Monday, June 24, 2013

Arizona Bound

Miracle Boy is off to Arizona in August. I can hardly believe it. My baby is going off to college in 3 short months. I'm so damn proud of him.

University of Arizona was his first choice. But, being out of state, it was not necessarily my first choice. Distance and cost were my concerns. Out of state tuition is rediculous! 3 times in state tuition in this case.

But Miracle Boy pulled it off. He received 2 scholarships and 1 academic award from Arizona. Enough to bring the costs within a couple thousand of attending the local in state university. It means he will have to take a small student loan. But its what he really wants; and we will honor his decision. Even Mr. Fixit, who is always bottom line conscious, agreed that this was the right choice.

This is such a big step. And I've been so excited for him. And then we went online and paid the registration fee. And the panic hit. It was so unexpected, it really through me off, this feeling of terror. He'll be several states away. Basically on his own. We're not just a quick car ride away. I hope he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment