My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Monday, January 7, 2013

Brother

Bambam adores his brothers. Both of them. But he has a special bond with Miracle Boy. I'm sure this is because Miracle Boy has always lived with Bambam. He's always been there, a constant. He loves The Quiet One just as much. But in times of stress, he wants Miracle Boy.

Other than Mr. Fixit or me, Miracle Boy is the only one that can put Bambam to bed. When he needs help going potty or needs changed he turns to Miracle Boy. (Actually me if I'm home; Miracle Boy is a close 2nd even before Mr. Fixit.) 

He follows Miracle Boy around the house, wants to hang out with him in the basement, sit next to him at dinner and in the car, mimics him. And he calls him "Brother". It is the sweetest thing. He occasionally refers to him by name; but most of the time he simply calls him "Brother". He loves it when Miracle Boy babysits him: "Brother stay with me?" with a huge grin on his face. 

And for the most part, Miracle Boy is up to the challenge. (He is after all a teenager, so sometimes he squawks about it) On school holidays, he frequently acts as Bambam's care provider so I can work. He stays with him so Mr. Fixit and I can have the occasional date night. He is an integral part of what makes our household work.

So I should not have been surprised this past weekend. We were at the Fun House and went sledding for the first time this season. As expected, Bambam was hesitant, something outside the norm. Nothing Mr. Fixit said could convince Bambam to go down the hill with him. So Bambam watched as everyone else went on a run. And he still refused when Mr. Fixit tried to get him to go along the next time. That is until Miracle Boy asked if he wanted to come sledding with him. With that, he took off in a run with a huge grin and went sledding with "Brother".

No comments:

Post a Comment