My Side of Typical

My Side of Typical

Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Evaluations

On Monday Bambam goes in for another round of evaluations and tests. 4 hours of testing with a neuro-psychologist. A new Doctor that he doesn't know. In an unfamiliar setting. In an environment where he knows he's being evaluated and wants to do things "right". It is a familiar formula which always equals a very anxiety riddled little boy. I wish I could do it for him. 

I do not like being the one to take him, exposing him to what is for a him a hostile environment, a painful experience. As parents we want to protect our children. Keep them from pain, anxiety, fear. But sometimes it cannot be helped. I know it is for the greater good. Making sure we are on the right track, providing him with the services and accommodations needed to reach his full potential. But that won't make Monday any easier. Sometimes being a parent is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment